2015 will be a year of the chilli here, I ordered the seeds from sowseeds.co.uk which arrived fast and in attractive packets.
So after quite some time deciding on what to grow here are the contenders:
*Cherry Bomb – 2,500 5,000 SHU – great for salsas as well as pickling or roasting in the oven stuffed with cheese & herbs.
In an attempt to digitise as much paper and other records to reduce clutter and make it easier to search for things I decided to get a sheet fed scanner and make a start.
First stop was to find a scanner, i decided I needed the following:
- Ability to scan on the machine without the need for a PC
- Colour scanner – that’s obvious right
- ADF (auto document feeder) so I can load it up with paper and leave it to scan away, I do not want to feed in every single sheet manually
- Ethernet or wifi connectivity
- scan to jpg or pdf
- ability to get working with linux without too much hassle
- Scanning resolution of 600dpi
- Less than £150
So my short (long) list:
- dixie – portable and scans without a PC but its single sheet feed only
- Fujuiti – look good but too costly for home use
- epson – as above