Following on from this post, I have added a second sensor and developed the code further.
Here is the BMP180 (link to data sheet hosted with Adafruit), its a bosch sensor which will measure pressure and temperature – I bought from China via ebay – x2 sensors cost $2.96 delivered.
I outputted both the DHT22 and the BMP180 temperatures in the serial monitor to check to see how close they were – not too far out.
The board now looks like this:
I recently picked up a clone Arduino Uno from China via ebay along with some sensors and other bits and pieces to learn a bit about Arduino – First project a simple weather station.
For wiring instructions and arduino Libraries I used Adafruit, DHT22 here and 16×2 LCD here.
Then cobbling together some code from here which I made a few changes to:
- Changed Fahrenheit to Celsius
- Added a degree’s Celsius character
- Changed the LCD and DHT22 Pins
- Changed the error code to “looking”
- Added a five second delay as the humidity reading was flickering on the display
- Added the F as described in the comments – see bottom of post